White House' published e-mails between U.S. officials about the 'attack Benghazi'
The White House released on Wednesday, an official e-mail messages related to the attack on the U.S. consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi, the last year, with the aim of putting an end to the ongoing controversy about his handling of the incident, which killed four Americans, including the ambassador.
Showed messages that «the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama made a vision incomplete to a U.S. citizen for the attack, also provided a glimpse of censorship imposed by the administration, through discussion outline that took place between officials via e-mail, about the details that need to be on the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice, highlighted when you talk the talk shows, after 5 days of the attack on the U.S. consulate, which coincided with the commemoration of the September 11, 2001 attacks.
And explained that the messages that have occurred in almost 100 pages did not have a lot of points to be the focus of the «Rice», was among them a message confirming «charged», which inflicted the greatest harm is that the U.S. administration officials «dropped from the points addressed by the (Rice ) in her speech with talk shows, that the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) warned of the threat from al-Qaeda in the city of Benghazi in eastern Libya.
These messages showed that was between the White House and the State Department and intelligence officials that the talking points have undergone a series of revisions, that became free from any reference to warnings of terrorist attacks by the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.
Although the publication of these messages was not convenient for the White House, but it is an attempt to counter complaints from Republicans and the media that the management of «Obama» keep quiet about it, as it says post messages in a time when the government criticized on several fronts, including the scandal involving IRS targeting conservative groups, conduct strict scrutiny.
And raised Victoria Nuland, a spokeswoman for the U.S. State Department at the time, according to the messages, concerns pointed out that the intelligence warned of the threat posed by militants in eastern Libya, where I wrote it says that «has concerns seriously that provide talking points for members of Congress, enough material to attack The Ministry of Foreign for not Altfadtha to warnings Agency (CIA) about the risks in the region.
For their part, say supporters of the Republican Party, that the points raised in Rice in her programs talk «It was an attempt to show that the attack happened during the protests spontaneous, not an offensive foul play by militants, in order to protect Obama in his election campaign last year, of any charges weakness in the fight against terrorism ».
The White House strongly denies any cover-up, and confirms that the controversy about the points addressed in the 'Rice' focus on emerging information in the unfolding, where officials pointed out that the messages «came within the framework of the usual exchange of correspondence between government agencies about the mysterious security situation».
He said the White House spokesman, Eric Schultz: «these messages in their entirety show that the ongoing process between different devices, including the White House focuses on providing the facts as they علمناها, based on the best information that was available at that time and the protection of investigations were under way».
He hinted officials also noted that «Nuland» were not only that they have concerns about the talking points of origin, and the intelligence official said a senior «Deputy Director (CIA) Michael Morrell, he had concerns that were similar to the issues raised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs», but documents do not show any messages from the 'Muriel' talk about those concerns, but the message from the director of the CIA boss. viz. er »at the time, David Petraeus, indicated that he felt that the talking points 'relaxed' plus the limit.
Became the 'Rice' victim among senior political officials in the controversy that was going on around the 'Benghazi offensive', which pulled its name from the running to take over the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to replace Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, because of the controversy stirred after her in talk shows on Sept. 16.
The U.S. administration officials said that the messages «showed that the talking points were based on intelligence information, and approved by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), was designed to avoid prejudging the outcome of the investigation was conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the Benghazi attack.