Libya: the arrest of four people linked to the Benghazi attack
Atqlt Libyan authorities said that four people linked to the attack on the U.S. consulate in the city of Benghazi.
The attack on the consulate by Islamic militants blamed the United States regarding the film'' patent Muslims'' offensive to Islam led to the killing of U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three embassy staff.
He said Libya's new prime minister, Mustafa Abu Hakor, told the BBC that the investigations conducted by the authorities were making progress.
He added that he does not want to lead killed the U.S. ambassador and three embassy staff to sabotage Libya's relations with the United States.
U.S. officials investigating the hypothesis that an attack coordinated military offensive was planned in advance and not a spontaneous attack.
It was previously believed that the attack was a spontaneous reaction in the context of protests against the film'' patent Muslims'' anti-Islam.
Special ForcesA U.S. official said Thursday, told AFP that among the dead Americans previously element in the elite special forces in the United States Marine Corps.
The American media got to know the identity of the dead American, saying that he was at the age of 42 years and called Glenn Doherty was a contractor working with the U.S. State Department.
According to reports, he had been working in Libya for the monitoring of man-portable missiles and aircraft that can drop if you hit the target.
PledgeOn the other hand, pledged to U.S. President Barack Obama to take all necessary measures to protect its citizens abroad.
Obama said he calls on foreign governments as well as to fulfill its obligations in terms of providing protection for U.S. diplomatic missions on its territory.
Earlier, considered the U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the film that sparked the protests exciting disgusting, but said that there was no justification for resorting to violence.
Doubts about the role of armed militiasThe gunmen stormed the U.S. consulate in Benghazi on Tuesday evening, and believes that the U.S. Ambassador spent a result of suffocation because of the smoke, and received three other Americans and about a dozen Libyans killed in the attack.
Although Obama pledged Wednesday to hold accountable those responsible for the attack, it said that the United States'' will not cut ties'' with the new Libyan government.
The senior U.S. official said in a statement quoted by Agence France-Presse that the perpetrators of the attack Benghazi, they seem to have used the demonstrations as a pretext to launch an attack.
And added,'' This was a complex attack, they seem to have used this (protest) as an opportunity'' to launch an attack.
He said U.S. officials told Reuters that there are indications that the elements of a militia called the'''' Sharia supporters had planned to attack a while ago, but the group denied it.
The officials said that there are reports indicating that members of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, may have been involved in the planning and execution of the attack.
Security enhancementsOn the other hand, U.S. military officials said that the Defense Ministry has ordered two destroyers of the U.S. Navy's orientation towards the Libyan coast.
They said that one of the destroyers, the USS Laboon, has taken her position off the Libyan coast Wednesday, while the other remains, a destroyer McFaul, is on its way and will arrive to the specified location in a matter of days.
Officials said The destroyers Almzodtan of Tomahawk missiles not have a specific task, but their presence in the region gives U.S. commanders the flexibility necessary to implement any order issued by President Obama.
In the meantime, I went to the Libyan capital of Benghazi unit consisting of fifty Marines Marines to reinforce security at the U.S. embassy there.