Monday, October 22, 2012

Google Maps

Sorry I'm a day late, but I really didn't have a whole lot to tell you about.  I've just been busy working and not taking many photos. 

Last night I heard that "Street View" is now available on Google Maps for Midway.  It doesn't look like they have Eastern or Spit Islands on yet, but you can even go into the garage at the office. I searched for "Midway Atoll" and "Midway Islands" and it got to the right place, but "Midway Island" brought me to Virginia.  So for the comment last week about more photos of buildings and housing, you can now take a virtual tour of Midway.

Nine Greater white-fronted geese flew in this week (only 4 in this photo so don't take too much time trying to count all 9). They are all juveniles.  The last one we had was in 2007 on Eastern Island, which you can see a photo of if you go back to Dec. of 2007 on my blog.

The Brown noddies don't like the geese and swarm around them when they fly.

Here's a view of Sand Island from Eastern Island.  I don't have a lot of photos this time, so you can have some time to poke around on Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment