Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Silver Screen Sci-Fi Synchronicities!

By Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers


Discerning blogger Mike Clelland has drawn my attention to a fascinating ‘flow-of-consciousness’ article he wrote last year for his very excellent Hidden Experience blog. If you’ve not yet read it, you’re missing out.

Here’s a short intro to Mike’s mind-bending article written specially for Silver Screen Saucers by the man himself...

“This blog post had a life of its own. I started by simply comparing and contrasting 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY with PLANET OF THE APES, two movies I’ve always loved. It seemed like this would make for a tidy little essay. I mean, both movies are from 1968 and have astronauts and cool ape make-up, right? Well, as soon as I started writing, the floor dropped out from under me. I was suddenly seeing a flood of really strange synchronistic connections and it felt like the essay was writing itself. I am not exaggerating, it was as if some outside force was feeding me clue after clue.

What emerged was something entirely different to what I expected. I was struck by how this is very much a modern composition and how it needed to be on the web because of an almost frenetic use of imagery and hyperlinks.

After I posted it on my blog, I immediately experienced a weird set of synchronicities all intertwined with this essay. That confirmed that I had tapped into an elusive something. What that something might be, I have no idea...”

And with that, read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment