Friday, October 5, 2007

Chainsaw Thursday

I didn't end up playing volleyball last night since it rained, but I guess some people went out. I'll go next time. This afternoon I got quite a few trees cut down from the right side of that picture yesterday. The ducks just sat there while I sawed.
There's really not much going on right now to tell you about, so I'll just post a couple of pictures.
I don't think I've shown you one of these birds yet. This is a Ruddy Turnstone. They are shorebirds that come here for the winter. They breed somewhere else. There are hundreds of them around. There's a few other winter visitors right now like 11 northern pintail ducks, a green-winged teal, some wandering tattlers, pharalopes and a couple other birds. The new ducks probably won't stay too long.
I took this picture from the fuel pier a few weeks ago. That's Eastern Island in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment