Saturday, July 14, 2007

Friday

It's starting to get warm here. One of these days I'll weigh myself in the morning and then in the afternoon to see how much I sweat off during a workday. I wear plastic gloves while I'm spraying the weeds and I might as well have water balloons around my hands since they fill up by the time I'm done. Don't worry, I'm drinking enough water. I had to go swimming with all my clothes on again to wash off the sawdust from the chainsawing today. It's really relaxing just to float for a while in the ocean and not do anything. I had to be careful not to scare the mom and pup Monk seal further down the beach.


We have another medevac flight tomorrow. I don't know the details but apparently someone on a Japanese ship has appendicitis so will get dropped off here and get a coast guard flight out. I've been surprized at how many times people have used Midway for emergencies just in the month and a half that I've been here.


Tonight was kind of lazy. A few of us just sat out on the end of cargo pier, watched the sunset, then looked at the stars. There is absolutely no light pollution so it's kind of hard to pick out constellations because the background stars are so bright, especially the milky way. Did I tell you this place was great?
Another sunset.

This is a native tribulus plant (also known as puncture vine). It has really sharp spines on its seeds that will poke through thin shoes and stick on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment