Friday, July 20, 2007

Chainsaw Thursday

Tomorrow we'll start actually having daytime flights. There are enough birds gone from the island that we won't worry too much about having planes hit the birds. That means we moved "Chainsaw Friday" to "Chainsaw Thursday". So I finally got a chance to weigh myself at noon and after work. I lost 4 1/2 pounds in 3 hours of chainsawing. It probably would have been more if I had dried off instead of being soaked by sweat, and I even drank a quart of water. It's good that I like to work when it's really warm.
Tonight we had another fire near cargo pier. I saw another new thing here. I saw a moonbow or whatever you want to call a rainbow at night. The moon isn't that bright but it was clear and there was rain off to the east so there was an arc of light. It wasn't colorful or anything but it was still cool. I've got no new pictures for today so I'll have to pull some out of the archives. By the way, I've found out that the Canon EOS starts renumbering after 9,999 pictures so I had to start a new file and I've officially taken over 10,000 pictures here.
Somtimes we have to use a bulldozer to clear paths for the birds to get through the plants to the ocean.
This Laysan albatross just has a funny hairdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment