Thursday, January 26, 2012

Large Hadron Collider to feature in MIB III?

By Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers


The viral marketing campaign for Men in Black 3 is intensifying in anticipation the movie’s May 25 release date. Late last year, a mock conspiracy theory blog popped up run by a UFO-obsessed 14-year-old boy calling himself "BugEyes126.” He’s been posting paranoid little rants since December 2011.

Last week, he posted a sketch of a particle accelerator, along with the following note:

“I was doodling in science class yesterday, this image that I just couldn't get out of my head. Wasn't sure if it was something I've seen before or maybe just from a dream I had. My lab partner saw it in my notebook and said it kind of looked like some large particle accelerator?

So I looked it up, and these “colliders” can cost over 6 billion dollars! Yeah, billions spent to build this just to “see what would happen”. Not sure I buy it.

Using it to secretly transport aliens to and from distant plants seems more likely… Not that I think the Men In Black Suits have anything to do with this. They wouldn't use this for interplanetary transport of ETs. It's just a giant school science project! Right?”

Sketch posted on the MIB III viral blog

Is this a hint from the makers of MIB III that a particle accelerator will play a role in the movie’s story? If so, judging by the sketch, it will be none other than the Large Hadron Collider, which has already been the subject of much conspiratorial chatter around the world.

The Large Hadron Collider at CERN, near Geneva

BugEyes126 also posted another blog entry earlier this month. It reads as follows:

“I keep finding this formula online, and I have a hunch it has something to do with the Men In Black Suits.

Any idea what this is or what it could mean? Can anyone help me decipher what this is all about?”


Sorry, BugEyes, I can’t help you. I never liked equations. Any scientists / mathematicians out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment