Monday, November 28, 2011

Hollywood's top alien designer talks 'Prometheus', 'Super 8'

Silver Screen Saucers
Above: alien from Super 8 (2011)

Hollywood creature designer Neville Page chatted recently with horror movie news site Shock Till You Drop about his experience of working with some of the industry’s top directors on projects such as Avatar, Super 8 and the forthcoming Prometheus.




Page – who also designed the aliens for Star Trek and Green Lantern – says:

Above: aliens from Green Lantern (2011)
“I see myself as an arm, hired to realize other peoples' visions. Yes, they hire me because I have a particular take on things and aesthetic. Working with someone like James Cameron, Ridley Scott or J.J. Abrams, they have an agenda, they have a vision they need my help realizing. So, the reason I say I try to have my style come through is because it's not about me, it's about taking whatever is in their heads and trying to bring it to light. It ends up being infused with your aesthetic propensities. You can't help to have it be of you. It's my job to make sure the character in their production doesn't look similar to something else in another production.”

To read the rest of the interview, head on over to Shock Till You Drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment