Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back Home

Well, after 1 year and over 57,000 pictures later, I'm back home. It was a wonderful experience in every aspect. The work was hard, but not stressful, the people were great, and the island and wildlife were amazing. I don't think I have to go into the details, because there's a couple hundred days of details on this blog. If you ever have a chance to get out there, do it!
I'm not sure what's next on my agenda, but I doubt it will be blog-worthy. I will leave this blog up for people searching for Midway, but probably won't add to it unless I start to do something that's worth writing about.
Thanks to all of you who have commented and kept reading. I still can be emailed through my profile. I'm not posting any new pictures today, just a few representative pics.

Green sea turtle underwater near the fuel pier.


Laysan albatross with chick.


Black-footed albatross with chick.


Old WWII Command Post.
One of the four cable houses.

Laysan albatross in flight.


Spinner Dolphin in the lagoon.


Native morning glory on the seawall with the fuel pier in the background.


Turtle Beach.


The WWII pillbox on South Beach.

Great frigatebirds fighting over a fish at sunset.


A Laysan Teal is stretches in the sun.


Red-footed boobies near South Beach.


Red-tailed tropic bird and chick.


White tern chick.

Look through the older posts for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment